Neurosurgery in Israel
Neurosurgery in Israel is one of the most advanced branches of medicine in the world, which is able to solve the most complicated neurosurgical tasks with maximum positive results.
Specific advantages of neurosurgery in Israel
Neurosurgical procedures require a high level of experience, excellent clinical knowledge, and special medical talent. A minor inaccuracy during intervention can cause seriously devastating consequences.
We offer you neurosurgical treatment with the highest level of safety because neurosurgery in Israel includes:
- doctors with high level skills trained in revolutionary methods of neurosurgical procedures;
- the most modern equipment, advanced technology, robotics;
- readiness for quick response to unforeseen situations during surgery on the brain and spinal cord, as well as on the carotid arteries;
- continuous communication with highly specialised doctors, who are able to instantly participate in the solution of any problem that may arise;
- excellent training of medical staff, prevention of mistakes in postoperative treatment and care.
The highest level of neurosurgical care in Israel allows us to achieve positive results in the most difficult diseases and literally revive patients, restoring their health and quality of life.
Branches of neurosurgical care in Israel
The competence of our neurosurgeons includes neurosurgical procedures for any lesions and injuries to the central and peripheral nervous system, as well as microsurgery of nerves and blood vessels of the brain and spinal cord. In particular:
Neurosurgical procedures on the brain:
- head injuries;
- injuries with the destruction of skull bones, the formation of intra-cerebral hematoma, trauma of the vessels and nerves;
- primary and secondary brain tumours, including:
- glioma, glioblastoma, astrocytoma, germinoma (tumours of the brain tissue);
- meningioma (tumour of the cerebral meninges);
- neurinoma (tumour growing from cranial nerves);
- pituitary adenoma, neoplasms of other cerebral structures;
- metastatic brain tumours;
- infectious lesions and cysts of the brain;
- effects of stroke;
- other abnormalities of the brain.
Neurosurgical procedures on the spine and spinal cord:
- tumours of the bones and cartilages, membranes, nerve roots, including the following: ganglioneuroma, ependymoma, etc.;
- spinal injuries;
- Intervertebral hernias;
- stenosis of the spinal canal (critical narrowing);
- chronic pain syndrome due to disc erasing, persistent infringement of nerve trunks;
- nerve tears, nerve plexus;
- tunnel neuropathies;
- cauda equina syndrome.
- intracranial hematoma;
- cerebral aneurysm, arteriovenous malformations, vascular compression of the brain vessels;
- abnormalities of carotid arteries, including the reduction of blood flow due to intravascular plaques, narrowing the vessels due to severe cervical osteochondrosis;
- haemorrhagic stroke, ischemic stroke due to blockage of blood vessels, brain haemorrhages;
- other cerebrovascular abnormalities.
Neurosurgery in Israel could be the only salvation in:
- epilepsy, parkinsonism, chorea, and other hyperkinetic disorders;
- chronic pain syndrome (backache, headache);
- speech, visual, motor impairments after vascular attack, trauma, injuries;
- other medical conditions, afflicting, dramatically reducing quality of life and limiting social and physical abilities.
Paediatric neurosurgery in Israel conforms to the highest medical standards due to the ultramodern equipment and operating rooms, impeccable skills of medical staff, as well as the highest qualification of paediatric neurosurgeons utilising the latest advances of the world's neurosurgical practice in treatment. The competence of paediatric neurosurgeons in Israel includes the treatment of the following conditions:
- congenital developmental anomalies of the central nervous system (arachnoid cysts, hydrocephalus, spina bifida, syringomyelia, narrowing of the spinal canal);
- cerebral palsy, epilepsy;
- tumours of the nervous system;
- developmental abnormalities of the skull bones and the spinal cord, spinal and cerebral hernias;
- tethered spinal cord syndrome, Arnold-Chiari syndrome, Dandy-Walker syndrome, etc.;
- scoliosis of any form and severity;
- traumatic conditions;
- other congenital and acquired abnormalities of the spinal cord and brain, spine.
Innovative technology and progressive methods of neurosurgical treatment in Israel include:
- advanced robot-assisted system Da Vinci, Spine Assist;
- US technology (U
- neuro-navigation using computerised navigation system O-ARM;
- RF ENERGY technology and progressive technique DISC FX for effective treatment of intervertebral hernias;
- fibreoptic neuroendoscopy, extraordinary endovascular technologies and microsurgery using microscopic optics and computer technologies;
- revolutionary methods of neurosurgical treatment, such as transsphenoidal approach (through an incision in the mouth or nasal cavity);
- VP SHUNT - treatment of hydrocephalus using ventriculoperitoneal shunting;
- awake craniotomy (a revolutionary method of neurosurgical treatment, enabling us to reduce to zero the risk of postoperative impairments of speech, movements and other vital functions);
- neurosurgical procedures on vessels and nerves of the brain and spinal cord, including arterial angioplasty, stenting of the cerebral vessels, as well as the new technology of non-invasive intravascular interventions;
- stereotactic and functional neurosurgery;
- revolutionary treatment of the effects of strokes by introduction of stem cells in a focus of cerebral infarction;
- interventional neuroradiology, allowing almost complete reduction of the risk of neurosurgical treatment;
- craniotomy in brain tumours using Ultrasonic Aspirator and suction technique, electrocautery with Bipolar Forceps;
- stabilising spinal fusion using ultramodern dynamic systems, replacement of intervertebral discs using innovative technologies with full restoration of mobility.